11.01.2012

Halloween :: Part 2

Matson Buddy was Spider-Man this year. 
Although he doesn't look very happy here, he LOVES this Spider-Man outfit. It's actually pj's, but he didn't care, so I went with it. Plus, he already had the mask. (Thanks, Jessica!)  I gave him the pj's last week and he's pretty much been in it anytime we are at home. He would come home from school, put it it on, change back to normal clothes to go get Reese from school, change back to the pjs when we got home, and then sleep in them. How fun, right?!  I'll say what IS fun, is dad playing Spider-Man with him. I need a picture of this...Matt lifts him up over his head to where Matson is crawling on the ceiling and sings the Spider-Man song..."Spider-Man, Spider-Man, if he can't do it, noone can." I don't even know if those are the right words, but it's what we sing at our house. At first it ended with "Heros in a half-shell, spider power!" which I know is NOT right, but we've sort of stopped saying that second part. Maybe we'll learn the right song one day. Anyway...
Matson had a parade and singing at his school so Layla and I waited in the parking lot for the parade to start. She was entertained by another mom.
And her tasty shoes.
The kids came walking past so fast and there were so many children in the way of my camera, this was the only shot I got of Spider-Man. At least there's one with his mask. This was the only time he actually wore it. He does wear it at home, but for some reason or another he didn't want to this day.
 Matson and some friends with his teacher.
 These boys are so funny together.
 Bumblebee, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Darth Vader.
I mean, Charlie, Matson, Andrew, and Conor.

The classes sang some Halloween and autumn songs for us which I recorded with the video camera. Matson was sort of in the back so I didn't get good pics of that. He sang really good though! :)

After the program, Layla and I ran around errands around the neighborhood. Reese forgot her lunch, so we ran that back up to her school, I forgot a change of clothes for Matson so back to our house and back to his school and then dropped off Reese's tag so another mom could bring her home from school for me. Whew! We were spent by all of that. Thankfully Layla fell asleep towards the end of that and transferred to her bed for a nice long nap. We had just enough rest and food to then get back to Matson school for his class party, which I helped with. I have no pictures from that b/c it was just too much. I lived in the moment and enjoyed it. The kids made a finger paint tree, caramel apples and had a snack. Layla sat in her booster seat and ate her lunch (grapes and cheese) while watching all the goings on.

Unfortunately it ended terrible with Matson throwing a tantrum about not wanting to leave. Gosh, I hate when a fun time is ruined at the end. :( Thankfully some down time helped him when we got home.

Trick-or-treating coming soon...

1 comment:

gram said...

cool superheroes!